Terms & Conditions
By accessing the Pointwise Learning Center (hereinafter “PLC”), you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in the PLC are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Subscription Fee
Full payment of the subscription fee for any for-fee course is due at the time of registration by credit card. We will give you access to the course when full payment has been made. The subscription fee shall cover the course registration and participation, and all other course content. The subscription fee gives one (1) person access to the course and its associated materials for a twelve (12) month period. On the anniversary of the twelve (12) month period, the subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled prior to that date. If you cancel your subscription at any point during the twelve (12) month period, you will retain access to the course until the full twelve (12) month period has expired.
3. Promotions and Discounts
If the PLC and Pointwise, Inc. choose to offer a promotional code for any for-fee course or courses, the time period and course discount specified in the promotion will supersede the normal subscription period and/or fee for the course for the first payment. Once the promotional time period expires, users must pay the full course subscription fee to retain access. Users who do not pay the full course fee will be unenrolled from any and all courses for which the promotional code was applicable.
4. Refund Policy
Your satisfaction is very important to us. If you are not satisfied with a course ordered from the PLC, you can contact us for a refund within 30 days of purchase. You will receive a pro-rated refund based on the cost of the subscription and your course completion percentage. To make a request for a refund, submit your request in writing to [email protected] Once we have received and processed your request, we will notify you via e-mail regarding your refund status. You can expect a refund in 7 to 14 business days on the same form of payment originally used for the subscription.
5. Course Availability
The course and its materials are generally available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week but may periodically be down during times of maintenance required by the site hosting service. Every effort will be made to inform you of downtime in advance, but may not always be possible.
6. Use License
- Pointwise, Inc. grants you a limited, non-exclusive license to view the course and associated materials on the PLC website for non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license:
- you may not record the materials;
- you may not use the materials for any commercial purpose (i.e. selling or redistributing the course for profit), or for any public display (disseminating the course to participants who have not paid the course subscription fee);
- you may not attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the PLC website
- you may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- you may not transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
- you may not post any comments or information that violate the trademark, copyright, trade secret, privacy or publicity rights of any third party.you may not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law.you may not post any comments or information that can be used to exchange information, services, materials, or software in return for payment of any kind.Pointwise, Inc. reviews course usage on a routine basis and reserves the right to moderate all content on the PLC website including any and all public information shared by you. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Pointwise, Inc. at any time.7. DisclaimerThe materials on the PLC website are provided 'as is'. The PLC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Pointwise, Inc. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.8. LimitationsIn no event shall Pointwise, Inc. be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the PLC website, even if Pointwise, Inc. or an authorized representative of Pointwise, Inc. has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.9. Revisions and ErrataThe materials appearing on the PLC website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Pointwise, Inc. will keep the course and related materials updated in a timely fashion but does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Pointwise, Inc. may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice in order to correct issues or update materials.10. LinksPointwise, Inc. is not responsible for the contents of any linked sites in the course comments. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Pointwise, Inc. of the linked site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.11. Site Terms & Conditions ModificationsPointwise, Inc. may revise these Terms & Conditions for its PLC website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms & Conditions.12. Governing LawAny claim relating to the PLC website shall be governed by the laws of Pointwise, Inc.’s home jurisdiction without regard to its conflict of law provisions.